Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

The World is a Caper!


This definition came out of one of my friend's mouth and I LOVED IT!

Come on, "The world is a caper"? It's just fantastic! Think about it. It's a freaking big planet we live in, yes. Sooooo many countries, cultures, things I'd like to see. But I live in a place that is quite PACKED with tourists all the time - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - so can you imagine how many people I get to meet everyday? Truth is, I'm a *gringo lover. I admit it. I love making friends, learning their different languages and all about their cultures, blablablah, so I am not the kind of person who sees a foreigner on the streets and just ignore him/her. I like to talk to them. To be nice, treat them good, make them feel comfortable and that they actually have a "friend" they can count on if anything goes wrong. Or maybe just to join them for a drink, to show them the good places they can't miss here? I mean, I want those people to go back home thinking "THIS WAS THE BEST TIME EVER!" And I have made AMAZING friends this last year. My best friend is a french guy, for example. And I mean it like he is my big brother, not only someone I’ve met and then vanished. I met thousands of people from England. US. Denmark. Norway. Sweden. Argentina. Switzerland. Ireland. Italy. Spain. India. And I could go on naming places here like crazy. But the most amazing thing about it is that those people ARE STILL taking part in my life somehow. We talk over the phone, e-mail, skype, MSN, written letters (!), Orkut, Hi5, blablablah and the feeling that this brings me is just so good. It brings us all together as if they were still here. Or maybe if I were there actually. Are you still following me here?

A-MA-ZING!

That’s why the world is a caper. Cause no matter how far you are from a friend, you can still be near somehow. You can build friendship, even over this crazy internet thing (I thank GOD for internet, by the way!). You can “be” in other places. Connect to people in the most indescribable way, creating this BOND that can last forever! I feel like I know SO many places without even being there, not even once!

I just wanted to tell here how happy I am right now. For getting to know ALL OF YOU. For sharing so much of my life, myself, with each and everyone of you guys. I hope you are all doing good, wherever you are. And that I get to meet you again, like it is already happening, this summer in Rio.

Have a wonderful 2006, my dear friends!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?